Hello!

Our web-application uses a combination of JSP-pages and a controller
servlet. When viewing these pages with Internet Explorer weird things tend
to happen. I found out that if Internet Explorers caching is set to
"automatic" checking for newer versions on the server everything goes wrong.
Instead of sending requests to the servlet, IE just simply takes an answer
from its cache, and thus presenting the wrong results. When changing the
setting to "always" the problem disappears.

Now, telling every user to change this setting would require almost as much
work as convincing them that Firefox and/or Opera are much better. So, are
there any ways to tell IE that it shouldn't cache my servlet/jsp-pages?

Regards,

Øyvind Johansen
ElectricTimeCar