Duh. Thanks. I should have seen that.

But I still do not understand how this is all working.

Basically I want the to run a default deny ipfilter firewall on the host.
Only allowing port 8080 and 8443 (or 4443 there seems to be some confusion
with my apps guys on which one is ther real SSL proxy port) connections
from internal. I then want to NAT (rdr) to redirect all incominf 80 and
443 connections to that 8080 and 8443 (or 4443) port internal. I suppose
it is my lack of familiarity on ipfilter (this is so much easier to do
using OBSD'd PF). I'd really like to see some other folks ipnat.conf and
ipf.conf files if this is being done already. I'll do some more research
and keep the group appraised of my progress. Thanks.

Roberto

David Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
08/15/2005 08:29 AM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>

Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Security Questions Regarding Tomcat

But it's also commented out and not active.  It's there as an example of
a proxied port if you happen to be using Apache and mod_rewrite as a
front end to tomcat.

--David

David Smith
Network Operations Supervisor