From: Craig O'Brien [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 4:46 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Linux - mod_jk ??

Hello,

I have installed Tomcat 3.2.1 several times on NT systems using the
isapi_redirect with no problems and I have been using Tomcat for about 6-8
months.  I am now doing my first Linux install.

The system is Mandrake Linux 7.2 with apache 1.3.12 and JDK 1.3.1 on a PIII
667 256meg ram.

I have Tomcat working and have installed my package of various servlets,
taglibs, and jsp pages and everything is working when I use port 8080.
Apache is working great.

I have switched to ajp13, and closely followed the documentation to
configure apache and install mod_jk which I downloaded from the apache site.
(binary) Everything has been checked at least 5 times. I am getting a little
cross-eyed.

I have not been able to get mod_jk to tomcat.

I have my logs set to debug and after each change that I make I have
restarted both servers and checked the logs. The mod_jk.log is showing that
everything is being configured correctly and ajp13 is being found with each
attempt yet no redirection is occurring.

*mod_jk.log shows
[jk_uri_worker_map.c (344)]: Into jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker
[jk_uri_worker_map.c (406)]: jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker, Found a
match ajp13

apache's access.log shows the usual 404 not found message. On each restart
the note that apache is configured with mod_jk appears.

Simply adding the port :8080 to the domain with the same path shows me that
everything is working with regards to java and tomcat.

I do have the ssl module installed in apache but it is not configured with a
certificate at this time.

Are there any known issues??

Any Ideas?

I did spend over an hour browsing through the archives and could not find
this situation.

Much thanks,
Craig