Its not deterministic. Save yourself a lot of time, and don't complain about
it and ask it to be changed. You need to re-think your logic so there is not
a dependency. A pretty obvious solution would be to have either application
check to see if the database is started, and if not start the database.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/