If you define the contexts in the server.xml, they are started in the order that you define them, I think.

Regards,

Jilles

Peter Menzel wrote:
Hi there,

I have a question concerning Tomcats webapp loading:
What is the order in which tomcats loads its webapps ?
I have two webapps configured by /conf/Catalina/localhost/XXX.xml and I need one webapp to be loaded before the other, because it starts the database.
How does Tomcat choose the first, second, ...
And what is the loading sequence, if both are deployed as a .war ?

Kind regards, Peter Menzel