Hi Mandar,

>I want to know if there are any additional settings to be done on Tomcat
>side ?
        There is nothing to done extra on Tomcat side for Client Authentication..
u have to get SSLClient Cert. from any Trusted CA, in case if u want to
connect to any server which needs client Authentication.

>I know IE should atleast allow me to select a certificate to be sent to the
>server by showing a dialog box.
>It does not reach that stage.

        For this u should import ur client cert to browser , it'll be stored in
personal settings.
if the CA of ur cert matches any of the trusted CAs in the browser, u'll get
a dialog to select a cert.

Thats it.

do reply if it works.

--Rams