From: Danny Angus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2001 5:24 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: aaargh!

>The point of this rant is not (as you might think) that the universe needs
to satisfy me.. it's just that I'm a little
>concerned that I need to go buy a Microsoft product to get open source
software to run on my machine..

I agree with this guy, VC++ seems a bit of a strange recommendation,
understandable in that it is the authoritative compiler for Windows, but
sits uneasily with the philosophy, and.. are non developers going to pay out
that much just to compile a slightly non-centered version of apache?

I'm not ranting, just curious.