But where do you findout what should/could be in this file?
If I look at the examples.war file, it appears to contain all that is in
the:
  \webapps\examples\WEB-INF\classes

Is this typical or redundent?

My specific issue is I can not find where to place "common" lib files
that can be found by the a servlet. Even if it is placed in the:
       \webapps\examples\WEB-INF\classes
I continue to get an error that the class can not be found even though
there is a jar file in this directory that contains the file AND the JVM
has a classpath that includes the jar file.
Any help or pointers to some docs as to howw this is all supposed to go
together would be great!
-jim