Von: Sam Newman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 18. April 2001 15:33
An: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Betreff: Re: Tomcat with Apache/URLRewritting and mod_rewrite

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tassilo Pilati" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 1:27 PM

> But SSL has nothing to do with my problem. The problem I have is that when
> using Tomcat in standalone mode URL rewritting works, however, running
> Tomcat in combination with Apache does not, because Apache does not hand
the
> request over to Tomcat. I think is is stange that there is nothing
mentioned
> about this in the tomcat user guide - section Setting Tomcat up with
Apache.
> I think so many people are using Tomcat with Apache that it is really a
very
> important issue ?! I mean session tracking is fundamental and it should
work
> using URL rewritting. I guess many people use cookies for session tracking
> instead of URL rewritting. Probably with cookies it should work, so maybe
> that`s why this issue hasn`t really come to the attention to the tomcat
> developers ? What do you think ?

Just to clarify, are you using jserv or mod_jk? And if you are using mod_jk,
are you using the ajpv13 protocl for connection? I'm using mod_jk and
ajpv13, and am session tracking using the HttpSesession class and it works
fine, as does parameter passing. I don't know too much about URL reqritting
though.

sam