If you have the money, nothing beats Visual Slick Edit 6.0 for editing and
Ant for building.

You can tie Ant into SlickEdit as well as anything else. I wrote a simple
PERL script that writes the
get and set methods for me and I integrated into SlickEdit in about 1
minute. You can find more info on it
at www.slickedit.com . It supports most languages like PERL, Java, Python,
PL/SQL, SQL, SH, XML, SGML, HTML, JavaScript, ...I can go on and on. It was
written in C so it's instant and uses very little RAM.

You can download a demo there. YOu might want to download the windows
version demo so that you can save the
changes to the file you are editing. In the LInux version, there is no time
expiration, you just can't save the files.

Give it a try,
Christian

At 03:54 4/28/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I just downloaded the trial version for Forte for Java 2.0 Internet
>Edition and it seems like a good servlet development kit because of the
>integrated tomcat server.  I was wondering if anyone was using other IDE's
>for servlet development and if they had any thoughts about what was the
>best IDE and why?
>
>Thanks
>
>Curtis

Thad Humphries                  "If the misery of our poor be caused not
Web Development Manager          by the laws of nature but by our institu-
Phone: 540/675-3015, ext. 225    tions, great is our sin."  Charles Darwin