We run two tomcats on WinNT.
- Make Two tomcat directory trees e.g. Tomcat1, Tomcat2.
- in each tomcat.bat set a specific TOMCAT_HOME directly
  e.g.  set TOMCAT_HOME=D:\Tomcat1
        set TOMCAT_HOME=D:\Tomcat2
  instead of using a predefined System var TOMCAT_HOME.
- modify each server.xml for the specific port.

If you start tomcat as a NT service you have to
modify in each wrapper.properties
the var 'wrapper.tomcat_home' analogously

Good luck,
Wolfgang Stein