That's because you are in Solaris, and Sue was working in Linux. Fortunately, I
also have a Solaris box for reference here. Your lines should look like:

my $CFG_LD_SHLIB      = q(ld);          # substituted via Makefile.tmpl
my $CFG_LDFLAGS_SHLIB = q(-G); # substituted via Makefile.tmpl
my $CFG_LIBS_SHLIB    = q();        # substituted via Makefile.tmpl

Now I see that this one is actually using ld, which is what I suspected from the
beginning. There is an option to apxs when compiling under Solaris, -lposix4 I
believe, that is highly recommended. I know it is picky about where in the apxs
the option appears. I would search the archives for posix and see what turns up.

Hope this helps.

-Scott
--
Scott Tatum | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Applications Developer, Special Projects