Howdy.

I got tomcat up and running on Win 2000 with IIS 5.0 just fine (jakarta as
NT service), but when I changed the authentication to require basic and
disallow anonymous, servlet access gives a 401.3 error: access denied by ACL
on resource. When I authenticate as a domain administrator, everything works
fine. It's only when a joe-average user tries to authenticate that things do
not function properly.

I've changed the permissions on the jakarta-tomcat directory to basically
give everyone full control but still no go. I gave everyone "log on locally"
rights even. The ISAPI filter has read, script, and execute. I've searched
all the archives, the web, and spent a couple days taking messing with it,
but I'm completely out of ideas. I have reboot several times since then with
no change, so it's not that.

If anyone has any suggestions whatsover, I will be eternally grateful. Would
making jakarta be in-process help things?
-Steve