What do you want to do?

To use basic auth for the entire site?

A solution :

* Use ajp12 and Tomcat 3.3,

* put TomcatAuthentication attribute to true on the ajp12 request
interceptor line on server.xml.

* Disengage *all* auth from IIS...

* Put container auth to work on your contexts , tweaking web.xml, as an
example follow the examples context web.xml, changing it to BASIC
instead of FORM auth

You will get BASIC auth handled enterely by tomcat ..not using IIS for
auth at all..

I'm still having no time to research why with ajp13 the method does not
work..

I need to figure out how to protect static resources whne served  by IIS
..but at least for me do the job.. protecting at least the dynamic
portinon of my sites..this is all that i need..:)

Saludos ,
Ignacio J. Ortega