Last week I proposed this question to the discission group:

I am currently writing a pretty complex data entry HTML page for an
application.  The HTML has 7 different frames where data is input, one
represents the master table and the others detail tables.  I am trying to
come up with a way to keep all of the data entered into each frame for
updating the database (I want to update all the records in one
transaction).  There some obvious ways of doing this as with invisible
fields on the master frame, and URL rewriting (cookies are out in this
case) but I have also been looking into using the Session object.  I know
the object is used for shopping carts on commercial web sites but would it
be a good to use it to keep all the input values for various input forms?
There will be from 40 - 50 items of data stored in the session object and a
user will only be able to have one form at a time?

The unamious (and very helpful)  response was "yes use a session object".

Now however, I have learned to use Java Beans in JSP and was wondering, is
it better to use a session object or a Java Bean with the scope set to
"session" to store these values?

Thanks for you help

Jeff Sulman