From: Steven Banks [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2001 7:13 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: HTTPS connections from servlet

I am having severe trouble getting my application to access a secure
web-server from within one of my servlets.

I have installed all the necessary JSSE jar files, set the properties:

    System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs",
                       "com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");
    java.security.Security.addProvider(
              new com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());

... and tried fiddling around with the proxy properties, to no avail.

In order to allow this functionality, do we need to build an SSL enabled
tomcat instance? Or am I missing something more fundamental. The code runs
fine outside of Tomcat BTW.

I've searched the net high and low for answers, but found none. ANy help
would be most appreciated. Oh, we're using tomcat 3.2.1 on NT4.

Regards
Steve Banks