Hi, I have a problem I have been trying to solve for a very long time. I
first have a initialization servlet set by <load_on_startup> tag. In this
servlet I create a database connection and pass it to the ServletContext like
this.

getServletContext().setAttribute("dbConnection",dbConnection);

Now the problem is how do I retrieve it from a jsp page. From by research,
reading through books it shows how to get an attribute using : jsp:useBean
action. However this is done if Beans/Objects are put into the setAttribute.
In my case it is a database connection object. How do I retrieve this from a
jsp page???
I tried (in a jsp page);
<% Connection connection = getServletContext().getAttribute("dbConnection");
%>
but this returns a null. Connection never gets set..
If someone can help me please......