>> "Nick" == Nick Stoianov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

    Nick> I really think that TOMCAT SUCKS so bad. I'm not against the
    Nick> open source community but this is why I think that TOMCAT
    Nick> sucks:

Some of the points you're mentioning are not Tomcat specific, but
general "problems" for free software: incomplete documentation, lack
of guaranteed support (only through mailing lists etc, hoping someone
helps you, where in practice b.t.w. support often is much better than
bought support).

The answers are standard too and have been mentioned 1000s of times
before:
- you have the source
- you can improve it yourself, why don't YOU write some documentation,
  fix some bugs or add some functionality?!?

Probably free software (such as Linux, FreeBSD, tomcat, apache, emacs,
perl) isn't for you; you better stick with MSFT stuff and stop
bothering us. It doesn't work well, but at least you have "guaranteed
support", "documentation" which only teaches you some tricks but
doesn't show the real API's (since even those are closed) let alone
the inner workings.

On Tomcat specifically, I can only say that I'm running Tomcat4 beta-5
for a critical Intranet server. It replaced JRUN some time ago (which
really SUCKS by the way).

Documenation has been sufficient for my purposes, and those parts
lacking can be found from the examples and from the source code (can
you read/understand source code by the way?!?). I don't need
integration with some other webserver, so those are no issue for me.

I can't comment on everyones needs and setup, but for my case Tomcat4
fits perfectly well, provides a solid implementation of the Servlet
2.3 API and is 100% reliable.

--
Peter Mutsaers  |  Dübendorf    | UNIX - Live free or die
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      |  Switzerland  | Sent via FreeBSD 4.3-stable