Bob,

I think if you don't have to go explicitly through port 8080, then they're
working together.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2001 6:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Tomcat and Apache

How can you tell if you have both Apache(1.3.20) and Tomcat(3.2.3) talking
to one another correctly??  I installed everything as per the documentation
on Apache and Tomcat using mod_jk.so and NOT mod_jserv.  I am also using the

mod_jk.conf-auto suggestion and made the appropriate changes to do so.

After making all the configuration changes I rebooted, stopped Tomcat,
stopped Apache and restarted all in the following order...started Tomcat
FIRST and then started Apache.  And I can see both default home pages.

But how do I know if both are communicating via mod_jk?? Is there any way I
can tell??

Regards,
Bob Wilson.