Hi Pier,

I attached my

/home/mddevel/MD8_Devel/MD8/packages/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7/jakarta-tomcat-co
nnectors/webapp/apr/include/apr.h file as you requested.

I'm not sure what you mean by checking out the latest HEAD. Before I tried
building this I did:

cd /home/mddevel/MD8_Devel/MD8/packages/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7/jakarta-tomcat-co
nnectors/webapp/
cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/cvspublic co apr

So that should be the lastest right?  Or do you want me to do something different than
that.  Since I put the apr in jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp, do I need to include
in as a command-line option to configure the path to the "apr"?

Thanks,
Chris

Pier Fumagalli wrote:

>"Chris Gokey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>Hi...  I'm back trying to compile mod_webapp.so for Solaris 7 this time
>>(I was able to sucessfully compile it under Linux two days ago :) .
>>After having to install:
>>autoconf-2.50
>>libtool-1.3.5
>>m4-1.4
>>
>>I was able to run ./support/buildconf.sh
>>and ./configure
>>
>>I'm getting stuck trying to make it, I receive this error:
>>
>>All done. Now you can issue "make". Good luck.
>>
>>>make
>>>
>>Compiling sources in
>>/home/mddevel/MD8_Devel/MD8/packages/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7/
>>jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/lib...
>>make[1]: Entering directory
>>`/home/mddevel/MD8_Devel/MD8/packages/jakarta-tomcat
>>-4.0-b7/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/lib'
>>Generating pr_warp_defs.h
>>Compiling wa_main.c
>>In file included from
>>/home/mddevel/MD8_Devel/MD8/packages/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7
>>/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/apr/include/apr_general.h:61,
>>               from
>>/home/mddevel/MD8_Devel/MD8/packages/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7
>>/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/include/wa.h:77,
>>               from wa_main.c:59:
>>/home/mddevel/MD8_Devel/MD8/packages/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7/jakarta-tomcat-conn
>>ec
>>tors/webapp/apr/include/apr.h:198: #error Can not determine the proper
>>size for
>>apr_int64_t
>>/home/mddevel/MD8_Devel/MD8/packages/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7/jakarta-tomcat-conn
>>ec
>>tors/webapp/apr/include/apr.h:253: #error Can not determine the proper
>>size for
>>ssize_t
>>/home/mddevel/MD8_Devel/MD8/packages/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7/jakarta-tomcat-conn
>>ec
>>tors/webapp/apr/include/apr.h:256: #error Can not determine the proper
>>size for
>>size_t
>>/home/mddevel/MD8_Devel/MD8/packages/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7/jakarta-tomcat-conn
>>ec
>>tors/webapp/apr/include/apr.h:265: #error Can not determine the proper
>>size for
>>apr_int64_t
>>make[1]: *** [wa_main.lo] Error 1
>>make[1]: Leaving directory
>>`/home/mddevel/MD8_Devel/MD8/packages/jakarta-tomcat-
>>4.0-b7/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp/lib'
>>make: *** [local-all] Error 2
>>
>>This is from the latest checkout of jakarata-tomcat-connectors/webapp
>>and the apr (Sept 6)
>>

>>Any idea why it is returning this error?
>>

>Yes, it seems that APR is somehow in trouble finding some of the default
>definitions in length of storage pointers... Can you send over a copy of
>your
>/home/mddevel/MD8_Devel/MD8/packages/jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b7/jakarta-tomcat-co
> [...]

#ifndef APR_H
#define APR_H

/**
 * @file include/apr.h
 * @brief APR APR Main Include
 */
/**
 * @defgroup APR APR Routines
 * @{
 */

/* So that we can use inline on some critical functions, and use
 * GNUC attributes (such as to get -Wall warnings for printf-like
 * functions).  Only do this in gcc 2.7 or later ... it may work
 * on earlier stuff, but why chance it.
 *
 * We've since discovered that the gcc shipped with NeXT systems
 * as "cc" is completely broken.  It claims to be __GNUC__ and so
 * on, but it doesn't implement half of the things that __GNUC__
 * means.  In particular it's missing inline and the __attribute__
 * stuff.  So we hack around it.  PR#1613. -djg
 */
#if !defined(__GNUC__) || __GNUC__ < 2 || \
    (__GNUC__ == 2 && __GNUC_MINOR__ < 7) ||\
    defined(NEXT)
#define APR_INLINE
#define __attribute__(__x)
#define APR_HAS_INLINE          0
#else
#define APR_INLINE __inline__
#define APR_HAS_INLINE          1
#endif

#define APR_HAVE_ARPA_INET_H     1
#define APR_HAVE_CONIO_H         0
#define APR_HAVE_CRYPT_H         1
#define APR_HAVE_CTYPE_H         1
#define APR_HAVE_DIRENT_H        1
#define APR_HAVE_ERRNO_H         1
#define APR_HAVE_FCNTL_H         1
#define APR_HAVE_IO_H            0
#define APR_HAVE_LIMITS_H        1
#define APR_HAVE_NETDB_H         1
#define APR_HAVE_NETINET_IN_H    1
#define APR_HAVE_NETINET_TCP_H   1
#define APR_HAVE_PTHREAD_H       0
#define APR_HAVE_STDARG_H        1
#define APR_HAVE_STDIO_H         1
#define APR_HAVE_STDINT_H        1
#define APR_HAVE_STDLIB_H        1
#define APR_HAVE_SIGNAL_H        1
#define APR_HAVE_STRING_H        1
#define APR_HAVE_STRINGS_H       1
#define APR_HAVE_SYS_SENDFILE_H  1
#define APR_HAVE_SYS_SIGNAL_H    1
#define APR_HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H    1
#define APR_HAVE_SYS_SYSLIMITS_H 0
#define APR_HAVE_SYS_TIME_H      1
#define APR_HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H     1
#define APR_HAVE_SYS_UIO_H       1
#define APR_HAVE_SYS_WAIT_H      1
#define APR_HAVE_UNISTD_H        1

#define APR_USE_SHMEM_MMAP_TMP   0
#define APR_USE_SHMEM_MMAP_SHM   0
#define APR_USE_SHMEM_MMAP_ZERO  0
#define APR_USE_SHMEM_SHMGET     1
#define APR_USE_SHMEM_MMAP_ANON  0
#define APR_USE_SHMEM_BEOS       0

#define APR_USE_FLOCK_SERIALIZE           0
#define APR_USE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE         0
#define APR_USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZE           1
#define APR_USE_PROC_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE    0
#define APR_USE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE         0

#define APR_HAS_FLOCK_SERIALIZE           1
#define APR_HAS_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZE         1
#define APR_HAS_FCNTL_SERIALIZE           1
#define APR_HAS_PROC_PTHREAD_SERIALIZE    0
#define APR_HAS_RWLOCK_SERIALIZE          0

#define APR_HAS_LOCK_CREATE_NP            1

#define APR_PROCESS_LOCK_IS_GLOBAL        0

#define APR_USES_ANONYMOUS_SHM            1
#define APR_USES_FILEBASED_SHM            0
#define APR_USES_KEYBASED_SHM             0

/* These look VERY similar to the macro's above.  They aren't.  The
 * difference is in implementation.  The above macros describe how to
 * access the shared memory, either anonymously, through a key or through
 * a file.  The macros defined below describe actually how the shared
 * memory is actually implemented.  Is it actually a file that has been
 * opened by multiple processes, or it is stored in memory somehow.  This
 * is important for some optimizations in Apache.
 */
#define APR_FILE_BASED_SHM      1
#define APR_MEM_BASED_SHM       1

#define APR_HAVE_CORKABLE_TCP   1
#define APR_HAVE_GETRLIMIT      1
#define APR_HAVE_IN_ADDR        1
#define APR_HAVE_INET_ADDR      1
#define APR_HAVE_INET_NETWORK   1
#define APR_HAVE_IPV6           1
#define APR_HAVE_MEMMOVE        1
#define APR_HAVE_SETRLIMIT      1
#define APR_HAVE_SIGACTION      1
#define APR_HAVE_SIGWAIT        1
#define APR_HAVE_STRCASECMP     1
#define APR_HAVE_STRDUP         1
#define APR_HAVE_STRICMP        0
#define APR_HAVE_STRNCASECMP    1
#define APR_HAVE_STRNICMP       0
#define APR_HAVE_STRSTR         1
#define APR_HAVE_MEMCHR         1
#define APR_HAVE_STRUCT_RLIMIT  1
#define APR_HAVE_UNION_SEMUN    0

#if APR_HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H
#include <sys/types.h>
#endif

#if APR_HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H
#include <sys/socket.h>
#endif

#if APR_HAVE_STDINT_H
#include <stdint.h>
#endif

/*  APR Feature Macros */
#define APR_HAS_SHARED_MEMORY     1
#define APR_HAS_THREADS           0
#define APR_HAS_SENDFILE          1
#define APR_HAS_MMAP              1
#define APR_HAS_FORK              1
#define APR_HAS_RANDOM            1
#define APR_HAS_XLATE             1
#define APR_HAS_OTHER_CHILD       1
#define APR_HAS_DSO               1
#define APR_HAS_SO_ACCEPTFILTER   0
#define APR_HAS_UNICODE_FS        0
#define APR_HAS_USER              1
#define APR_HAS_LARGE_FILES       0
#define APR_HAS_XTHREAD_FILES     0

/* This macro tells APR that it is safe to make a file masquerade as a
 * socket.  This is necessary, because some platforms support poll'ing
 * on pipes/files, while some don't.  APR only supports poll'ing on
 * sockets to handle this inconsistensy.  However, it is often useful to
 * be able to poll on files/pipes on platforms that support it.  This
 * feature macro allows us to find those platforms and support the feature
 * where available.
 */
#define APR_FILES_AS_SOCKETS      1

/* Not all platforms have a real INADDR_NONE.  This macro replaces INADDR_NONE
 * on all platforms.
 */
#define APR_INADDR_NONE           INADDR_NONE

/* This macro indicates whether or not EBCDIC is the native character set.
 */
#define APR_CHARSET_EBCDIC        0

/* If we have a TCP implementation that can be "corked", what flag
 * do we use?
 */
#define APR_TCP_NOPUSH_FLAG       TCP_CORK

/* Is the TCP_NODELAY socket option inherited from listening sockets?
*/
#define APR_TCP_NODELAY_INHERITED 1

/* Typedefs that APR needs. */

typedef  unsigned char           apr_byte_t;

typedef  short           apr_int16_t;
typedef  unsigned short  apr_uint16_t;

typedef  int             apr_int32_t;
typedef  unsigned int    apr_uint32_t;

typedef  long long            apr_int64_t;
typedef  unsigned long long   apr_uint64_t;

typedef  size_t          apr_size_t;
typedef  ssize_t         apr_ssize_t;
typedef  off_t           apr_off_t;
typedef  socklen_t       apr_socklen_t;

/* Mechanisms to properly type numeric literals */
#define APR_INT64_C(val) INT64_C(val)

/* Definitions that APR programs need to work properly. */

#define APR_THREAD_FUNC

/**
 * APR_DECLARE_EXPORT is defined when building the APR dynamic library,
 * so that all public symbols are exported.
 *
 * APR_DECLARE_STATIC is defined when including the APR public headers,
 * to provide static linkage when the dynamic library may be unavailable.
 *
 * APR_DECLARE_STATIC and APR_DECLARE_EXPORT are left undefined when
 * including the APR public headers, to import and link the symbols from the
 * dynamic APR library and assure appropriate indirection and calling
 * conventions at compile time.
 */

/**
 * The public APR functions are declared with APR_DECLARE(), so they may
 * use the most appropriate calling convention.  Public APR functions with
 * variable arguments must use APR_DECLARE_NONSTD().
 *
 * @deffunc APR_DECLARE(rettype) apr_func(args);
 */
#define APR_DECLARE(type)            type

/**
 * The public APR functions using variable arguments are declared with
 * AP_DECLARE(), as they must use the C language calling convention.
 *
 * @deffunc APR_DECLARE_NONSTD(rettype) apr_func(args, ...);
 */
#define APR_DECLARE_NONSTD(type)     type

/**
 * The public APR variables are declared with AP_MODULE_DECLARE_DATA.
 * This assures the appropriate indirection is invoked at compile time.
 *
 * @deffunc APR_DECLARE_DATA type apr_variable;
 * @tip APR_DECLARE_DATA extern type apr_variable; syntax is required for
 * declarations within headers to properly import the variable.
 */
#define APR_DECLARE_DATA

/* Define APR_SSIZE_T_FMT.
 * If ssize_t is an integer we define it to be "d",
 * if ssize_t is a long int we define it to be "ld",
 * if ssize_t is neither we declare an error here.
 * I looked for a better way to define this here, but couldn't find one, so
 * to find the logic for this definition search for "ssize_t_fmt" in
 * configure.in.
 */
#define APR_SSIZE_T_FMT "d"

/* And APR_SIZE_T_FMT */
#define APR_SIZE_T_FMT "d"

/* And APR_OFF_T_FMT */
#define APR_OFF_T_FMT "ld"

/* And APR_OS_PROC_T_FMT */
#define APR_OS_PROC_T_FMT "d"

/* And APR_INT64_T_FMT */
#define APR_INT64_T_FMT "lld"

/* Local machine definition for console and log output. */
#define APR_EOL_STR              "\n"

#if APR_HAVE_SYS_WAIT_H

/* We have a POSIX wait interface */
#include <sys/wait.h>

#ifdef WEXITSTATUS
#define apr_wait_t       int
#else
#define apr_wait_t       union wait
#define WEXITSTATUS(status)    (int)((status).w_retcode)
#define WTERMSIG(status)       (int)((status).w_termsig)
#endif /* !WEXITSTATUS */
#endif /* HAVE_SYS_WAIT_H */

#ifdef OS2
#define INCL_DOS
#define INCL_DOSERRORS
#include <os2.h>
#endif

/* header files for PATH_MAX, _POSIX_PATH_MAX */
#if APR_HAVE_SYS_SYSLIMITS_H
#include <sys/syslimits.h>
#endif
#if APR_HAVE_LIMITS_H
#include <limits.h>
#endif

#if defined(PATH_MAX)
#define APR_PATH_MAX       PATH_MAX
#elif defined(_POSIX_PATH_MAX)
#define APR_PATH_MAX       _POSIX_PATH_MAX
#else
#error no decision has been made on APR_PATH_MAX for your platform
#endif
/** @} */
#endif /* APR_H */