I'm guessing you're using mod_webapp??  If so, check the documentation in the
INSTALL.txt file for mod_webapp.  The directives needed in httpd.conf are
very different than for mod_jserv.

On the otherhand, if you already have RTFM, then post relavant parts of your
httpd.conf so we can see what's happening.

--David Smith