At 14:26 04/10/01 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello Hector
>
>Is the database running on the same machine as the tomcat engine?
>If they are not on the same machine are the two machines on the same network?
>Many routers/gateways etc.. will cut a tcp connection that has been inactive
>for a period of time. Oracle may also have a timeout for a connection but I am
>not sure about that.  Maybe you should try opening/closing the connection each
>time you use it or at least checking to see if it is still there before using
>it.

The database is running in a third database and there are in the same
network. Is there any way to say oracle that the connexion is still active?

Héctor Garcia Peris
Dpto. Informática
Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas S.A. (IVIE)
C/ Guardia Civil, 22 esc-2 primero 46020 - Valencia ( Spain )
Tfno.: +34 - 963930816 Fax.: +34 - 963930856
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]