There is no specific time that tomcat will run the destroy method of a servlet.
I am sorry but I do not know enough about oracle configuration to help you with
connection timeouts in oracle.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Héctor Garcia Peris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: Problem in solaris

At 16:17 04/10/01 +0200, you wrote:
>Oracle probably has a connection time limit.  Maybe you should shut the db
>connection when you are finished with it and reopen it when you need it again.
>If you are worried about performance then you should be using a database pool.
>Tomcat 4 comes with tyrex which can do that for you.

And, could be for any compilation parameter? Maybe the tomcat engine
doesn't run the destroy method of the servlet at time. Maybe the oracle
timeout occurs before that the tomcat runs the destroy method.

Héctor Garcia Peris
Dpto. Informática
Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas S.A. (IVIE)
C/ Guardia Civil, 22 esc-2 primero 46020 - Valencia ( Spain )
Tfno.: +34 - 963930816 Fax.: +34 - 963930856
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]