I finally got Apache and Catalina to speak to each other when running on
separate machines
(I had not set ServerName in Apache initially and hence it was failing -
earlier post: Catalina & Apache on different machines)

But now I have reached another major hurdle.

All request to non-secure servlets is being passed on by Apache to
Catalina.

But for servlets that have FORM authentication defined, Catalina sends
back the Login page (via Apache)
but seems to lose the original request.

In other words, when the user id and passwords are typed it always
redirects to the "Error" page.

Hence "The Question":

Will authentication (especially FORM) NOT work if Catalina and Apache
were to run on two different machines.
Has anyone had any experience on this?

Any help would be much appreciated. Muchas gracias.

Cheers
-raj