jGuru maintains FAQs and Forums on Servlets, JSP, and Tomcat (as well as
many other Java topics).  Here is an automated update on recent postings to
Tomcat-related FAQs.  Please direct flames and feedback to [EMAIL PROTECTED] .

 - Alex

++ JavaServer Pages (JSP) FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JSP

Someone just told me that when you close your browser, your JSP session (login in this
case) is not ended, so that if you start up another browser and go to your site, the
JSP engine still thinks your logged on.  Is this true?  If so, how to end that session
before shutting down the browser?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=550560

I'm quite new to XML and JSP so here goes. I want to pass an XML message to a jsp via
the URL (i.e. GET method). My questions:

1) What will the actual URL end up looking like?
2) How can my jsp retrieve the XML? (I know how to retrieve XML from a file in the
jsp, but don't know how to retrieve the XML from the URL). A quick example would be
greatly appreciated.
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=550558

What are the differences between JSP 1.1 and JSP 1.2?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=550555

Can my JSP application validate users against an LDAP server which contains the
userid's and passwords for all the employees? If so, how can I connect with the LDAP
server and perform this authentication?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=550549

++ Servlets FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/Servlets

How to get the values of the variables in a different session?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=559280

++ Tomcat FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/Tomcat

How to run Tomcat as a background service from a telnet session?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=556838

Tomcat + Apache + Cocoon Performance bottleneck<p>
How to find out the bottleneck is on Apache or tomcat or Cocoon? What can we do to
improve the performance?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=552095

DTD for Tomcat 4.0.1
Does anyone know where I can obtain the DTD for Tomcat 4.0.1's server.xml ?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=552077

Different webapps using different log4j.properties file.
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=550391

You can shut email notification off at the FAQ home
page(s) or:

  http://www.jguru.com/guru/notifyprefs.jsp