jGuru maintains FAQs and Forums on Servlets, JSP, and Tomcat (as well as
many other Java topics).  Here is an automated update on recent postings to
Tomcat-related FAQs.  Please direct flames and feedback to [EMAIL PROTECTED] .

 - Alex

need it? get it. tools, code and tutorials for open-standards based development.

Stay informed with dW's weekly email newsletter
http://www.jguru.com/misc/register_devworks.jsp?src=notify

Hi.  You asked to be notified weekly when certain jGuru.com items get new entries.

You can shut email notification off at the FAQ home
page(s) or:

  http://www.jguru.com/guru/notifyprefs.jsp

++ JavaServer Pages (JSP) FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/JSP

How can I interrupt a request already sent to a JSP servlet engine, and thus stopping
or altering the thread the server is executing for that request? For example I want to
use a cancel button on my form's page to interrupt an already submitted request which
may take a while to finish.
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525737

I want to pass an array of values that I have built within a JavaBean to a JSP, and
for JavaScript within the page to process it and display it. The Bean sets the array,
and the JavaScript has an identical array defined. I have tried <font
%&gt;";</pre></font> but this doesn't work. Any ideas, anyone?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525736

>From within my JSP page, how do I know whether the user performed a GET or POST
>request?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525734

I want to use the logger taglib from Jakarta which uses log4j.  Does anyone have a
sample log4j properties/initialization file that they would post so that I could take
a look?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525565

How can I get the JSP container to realize when I've modified a file that was included
using &lt;%@ include file="XXX" %&gt;, and to recompile files that include it?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525557

++ Servlets FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/Servlets

Do I have to synchronize read-only access to a text file?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=531243

What is a session? What is the difference between session and cookie?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=528741

How can I modify a Request object before passing it to another servlet?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=528234

How do I set session timeouts of greater than 30 minutes?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525564

++ Tomcat FAQ: http://www.jguru.com/faq/Tomcat

Does tomcat support Web Services?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=531241

How do I have to configure Tomcat 4.0 for using JDBC 2.0 DataSource objects?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=531070

Can I use *.ear files in Tomcat?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=528164

Why can't Tomcat find my Oracle JDBC drivers in classes111.zip?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=528159

I want to use the logger taglib from Jakarta which uses log4j.  Does anyone have a
sample log4j properties/initialization file that they would post so that I could take
a look?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525565

How do I set session timeouts of greater than 30 minutes?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525564

Why do I get the message "FAIL - Unknown command" when trying to run the Tomcat 4
Manager application?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525563

How to make Tomcat use the Xerces XML parser instead of the Sun JAXP XML parser?
        http://www.jguru.com/misc/faqtrampoline.jsp?src=notify&EID=525561