Also try another driver, it could be true, microsoft's programmer and java
are not good friends, maybe the driver is bad done.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Li [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 12:12 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: JDBC Driver for MS SQL Server

After I put the three jar files in TOMCAT_HOME/lib. The classes were found.
But I got new error: "No suitable driver ". What is the TCP/IP port for SQL
Server? Here is my program:

String m_Class = "com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver";
String m_Connector = "jdbc:microsoft.sqlserver://prodserver:1433";
String m_Username = "";
String m_Password = "";
Connection con = null;

 try{
     Class.forName(m_Class);
     con = DriverManager.getConnection(m_Connector, m_Username, m_Password);
 }catch(ClassNotFoundException e){
     out.println("class not found: " + e.getMessage());
 }catch(SQLException e){
     out.println(e.getMessage());
 }catch(Exception e){
        out.println(e.getMessage());