From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 7:23 AM
Subject: can anyone help

Hi everyone,

Can anyone help with a problem I am a having wtih starting tomcat.
I have only started to learn java but I have ran into a few problems getting
started.

I am running java on windows 98 on a laptop that also has  PWS installed.

I have edited the autoexec.bat to include these two lines:

set JAVA_HOME=C:\jdk1.3.1_01
set CATALINA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Apache Tomcat 4.0

however when I browse to localhost:8080 the page cannot be displayed and an
error file is not been generated in the log directory.

does anyone know how to fix this?

many thanks

Liakim