Hi all,

I have had a long lasting headache trying to get the Installshield
version of Tomcat to install at all under Windows XP.

I have tried both the IBM JDK v1.3, and the Sun JDK (enterprise edition)
v1.3, and neither of these JDKs can be found by the Tomcat
Installshield. In both cases the error message is:

"Couldn't find a Java Development Kit installed on this computer. Please
download one from http://java.sun.com";

There is nothing I can find in the release notes to say that XP is
specifically not supported, nor is there an explanation anywhere of
where Tomcat is trying to find the JDK (registry? environment? somewhere
else?), nor is there is an option to say "point me at a JDK", which is a
pretty obvious pice of functionality to have.

I've just sold the concept of Tomcat to a bunch of people as being
pretty easy to use - so far it's impossible to use under windows, and
I'm pretty embarrassed about the whole thing. Is there some guiding
light anyone can share?

Regards,
Graham
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                "There's a moon
                                        over Bourbon Street
                                                tonight..."