Hi,
    Thanks that works.  I hadn't tried the obvious.  Now, is there a way
to respecify where the root context is located, or is it always in
webapps?  Short of finding the answer, I know I can specify a ln.
Also, (and this IS a related question), does anyone know how to specify a
relative URL w/ a PORT #.  That way I can bounce back and forth from jsp
to html.

"Christopher K. St. John" wrote:

> John Kolvereid wrote:
> >
> > How does one respecify the default directory which
> > is shipped as: $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT
> >

>  In server.xml:
>
>  <Context path="" docBase="SOMEOTHERROOT"/>
>
> > Is it in the server.xml, or the web.xml, or somewhere
> > else. I sure can't find it.
> >

>  Somewhere else. If you auto-deploy and don't specify
> a root Context as above, Tomcat uses the hardcoded
> default in org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.
>
> --
> Christopher St. John [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> DistribuTopia http://www.distributopia.com

      John Kolvereid