I'm a newbie to Tomcat and JSP and fairly new to Java.  While running a test
script with Tomcat 4.0, I get the following error:

An error occurred at line: 3 in the jsp file: /SaveName.jsp

Generated servlet error:
C:\java-apps\Apache Tomcat 4.0\work\localhost\testapp\SaveName$jsp.java:65:
Class org.apache.jsp.UserData not found.
                UserData user = null;

Line 3 in the script is :
<jsp:useBean id="user" class="UserData" scope="session"/>

I thought all I needed to do was to place the file UserData.class into the
webapps\testapp\Web-inf\classes directory, but apparently I'm missing
something.

I have looked at most of the documentation I can find and tried to use
web.xml - going to this list with such a basic question is a last resort.

Thanks for your patience and all help you can provide.