From: Jon Shoberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, February 02, 2002 8:12 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Catalina Beans - Class Path Problem

Short Version:

For some reason, I can not get my JSP pages to compile when loading a little
bean ... It is not reading web-inf/classes.  Although, it is reading
web-inf/web.xml

Long Version:

A)    Installed tomcat, got it running, all of the example programs work.
B)    I am building an application called "Gateway" I created
             ...../webapps/gateway
            ...../webapps/gateway/index.jsp

            ...../webapps/gateway/WEB-INF/
            ...../webapps/gatewayWEB-INF/web.xml

        So I understand this to be creating a bean with id "Words" from the
class "...../webapps/gateway/classes/gwclasses/words.class" in the kw.jsp.
However, I am getting a compiler error saying

        C:\apache\Tomcat4\work\localhost\gateway\kw$jsp.java:63: Class
gwclasses.words not found

Any thoughts ?

Thanks

For additional commands: