I remember dealing with problems like that before but they are vague in my head.  Your
problem is better posted on the java forum I think.  I am trying to recall what
happened.  It was something like I would hit back in my browser and then forward so IE
would call init again.  I remember having many problems with this and netscape and IE
behaved differently.  Search through some of the archives on the java forum and post
there if you can't find it in the archives.
Dean