From: Randy Layman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: February 06, 2002 19:11
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Init method of servlet called twice?

        Craig posted a technical explanation of this about two weeks ago, so
search the archives for that, but the short version is that for every unique
address that your servlet responds to the init method will be called.
Having an alias for your servlet (so you can pass parameters) and using the
servlet invoker (i.e. /servlets/com.whatever) is the most common way of
having this happen.  To solve your problem you need to modify the web.xml
file so that your servlet is only referenced once.

        Randy