Jim, I couldn't tell from the page - with you having some experience with
the DDConnectionBroker, I thought I'd shoot you a couple of questions:

Pool Instantiation
Do I need to create this pool in an initialization servlet and put an
instance of it in the servlet context?  It looks like it's possible that
using this 'pool' might result in a new pool for each servlet... which isn't
really going to solve any problems for me.  In practice, how have you
noticed it to act?

Connection Maintenance
The site has this to say:

In the future, the number of connections in the pool will vary from
minConnections to maxConnections; minConnections will be available during
slow times; maxConnections will be in the pool when busy. (This is not
currently implemented.)

What behavior have you observed?  Does it just keep the increased number of
connections?  That doesn't sound very good either.

Thanks so much!

Eddie