"Leon Vermaak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 03/10/2002 07:30:00 PM

Please respond to "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To:   "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:

Subject:  Running servlet from folder within WEB-INF?

Sorry but I don't know how best to fraze the question I have I will try to
better explain myself.
I am new to Tomcat I am on Windows 2000 Professional platform. I compiled
the simplest of servlets!
I created the following a folder
%CATALINA_HOME%/webapps/project/WEB-INF/classes/SERVLET_NAME
I started tomcat and called the servlet with
http://ip:8080/project/servlet/SERVLET_NAME
when I call the servlet, the word SERVLET does not form part of the path?
how does this wrok?

Is SERVLET_NAME a folder or is it a servlet class? If you have a servlet
class called SERVLET_NAME then you have called it in the correct fashion.
What do you mean when you say "the word SERVLET does not form part of the
path"?
It would be a good idea to check the documentation:
http://localhost:8080/tomcat-docs/index.html

If this list does not anwer these type of questions would anyone please be
so kind as to tell me where I can find answer for beginners of any on-line
documentation that explains things in a bit more detail than the Tomcat
documentation, which is a bit vague.
Thanks

RS