From: Nikola Milutinovic [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 19 March 2002 13:58
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: JDBC/JNDI problem, continued - PUZZLED

> I get the same problem on Win2k with Tomcat 4.0.3 and JDK 1.3.1
>
> From other posts it looks like Tyrex is not working.....

At least one guy managed to get my combination to work. The fact that he is
one of the top developers (Craig) might have something to do with it. I'm
not saying that he's witholding information, just that he is far more
expirienced.

Craig, is there anything magical that one should do for PostgreSQL? Is there
some way to test Tyrex and PostgreSQL separately from Tomcat?

Oh, and BTW, I have another unexpected "feature" in Tomcat. If my JSP page
throws "UnavailableException" in it's "init()" method, not only does that
page become unavailable (which was the idea), but the JSP servlet as well
(which was not what I wanted). That disables ALL JSPs within the context.

Is this supposed to happen? Am I (again) doing something that was not meant
to be done?

Nix.