On Tue, 19 Mar 2002, Nikola Milutinovic wrote:

> Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 14:57:50 +0100
> From: Nikola Milutinovic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: JDBC/JNDI problem, continued - PUZZLED
>
> > I get the same problem on Win2k with Tomcat 4.0.3 and JDK 1.3.1
> >
> > From other posts it looks like Tyrex is not working.....
>
> At least one guy managed to get my combination to work. The fact that he
> is one of the top developers (Craig) might have something to do with it.
> I'm not saying that he's witholding information, just that he is far
> more expirienced.

I just followed the directions in the JNDI how-to.

> Craig, is there anything magical that one should do for PostgreSQL? Is
> there some way to test Tyrex and PostgreSQL separately from Tomcat?

Look guys ... nobody on the developer end is withholding information.  If
people want this to be worked on, ***PLEASE*** provide a bug report with a
reproducible test case!!!  In the problem at hand, that means a complete
version of your server.xml, a complete copy of a test webapp (including
source), a description of what you expect to see, and a description of
what happens.

For the "returns null" problem, it should be pretty easy to put something
like that together.

Without this, all I can say is "well, it works for me ..."

> Oh, and BTW, I have another unexpected "feature" in Tomcat. If my JSP
> page throws "UnavailableException" in it's "init()" method, not only
> does that page become unavailable (which was the idea), but the JSP
> servlet as well (which was not what I wanted). That disables ALL JSPs
> within the context.
>
> Is this supposed to happen? Am I (again) doing something that was not
> meant to be done?

Doesn't sound right ... please file a bug report

  http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla

> Nix.

Craig