From: Sanjay Bahal [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 9:01 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Servlet Deploy Problem Help

Lance Thanks.
What does servlet-mapping mean- is it directory
structure or an alias to a servlet.I was trying to use
/hello as an alias for the HelloWorld servlet and try
calling it by /hello or by full URL /hello- am I
completely off on this. and what is this <anything>?
Thanks again

    <servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>HelloWorld</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>/hello/*</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

Then you  should be able to call it like:
http://localhost:8080/search/hello/<anything>

--- Lance Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://localhost:8080/search/servlet/HelloWorldExample
> http://localhost:8080/search/servlet/HelloWorld
> http://localhost:8080/search/HelloWorld
> I either get a resource not found or
> java.util.MissingResourceException: Can't find
> bundle
> for base name LocalStrings, locale en_US
>       at

java.util.ResourceBundle.throwMissingResourceException(ResourceBundle.java:7
> 07)
>       at

java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:604)
>       at

java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:559)