thats very interesting. ive got nearly the same system-enviroment
(apache 1.3.23)
and got the same problem since im using tomcat 4.

when ive opened a top then i can how the memory usage will grows
on every refesh ...
seem like a bug.

> Has anyone else encountered this problem?
> If not, does anyone have some really good tools/commands which
> can help determine the cause of the problem?

ive switched back to tomcat 3 before one week

sven

---
sven (e)wert
    (o o)      -  (OXO)  -      (o o)
ooO--`o'--Ooo-ooO--(_)--Ooo--8---(_)--Ooo-
"In a time of insanity, let a madman lead the way"