Hello

Did you found an answer to this? its happening in my server too.
I have the same configuration than you but with Tomcat 4.0.3.

--
Best regards,

NG> Hi,

NG> My website is using the following versions of software:

NG> Struts 1.0.2
NG> Apache 1.3.22
NG> Tomcat 4.0.2
NG> Java Runtime Env 1.4
NG> MySQL 3.23.41
NG> RedHat Linux 7.2 using Linux 2.4 kernel

NG> Over a period of time, while running "top" I see memory being eaten up on my box
(box has 1GB of RAM). Free memory goes down to about 5-15MB which is way too low.

NG> Occasionally (i.e. once a week or once every two weeks), the site goes down/can't
send responses. I see the following error in my /var/tomcat4/logs/catalina.out file:

NG> java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
NG>         at java.lang.Thread.start(Native Method)
NG>         at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.start(WarpConnection.java:159)
NG>         at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector.run(WarpConnector.java:601)
sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect(DashoA6275)
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:556)
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getHeaderField(HttpURLConnection.java:1144)
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:1158)
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionOldImpl.getResponseCode(DashoA6275)
NG>         at com.mandalaybay.actions.ResNetStatus.run(ResNetStatus.java:52)

NG> Once I restart Tomcat, memory is freed up and the site goes along until this error
occurs again a week or two later.
NG> Looks like a memory leak, but not sure the real cause. I saw a similar problem
which occurred much more frequently  with Tomcat 4.0.2 with JVM 1.3 so I've upgraded
to JVM 1.4 and now receive an
NG> out of memory problem only sporadically.

NG> Has anyone else encountered this problem?
NG> If not, does anyone have some really good tools/commands which can help determine
the cause of the problem?