On Thu, 2002-04-18 at 18:36, William L. Thomson Jr. wrote:
> What OS, if you are on a *nix machine use cron. An entry in a file in

Linux.

> the logrotate.d directory should do. You could just make a new file in
> there and add.
>
> /var/log/mod_jk.log {
>      missingok
>      daily
> }
>
> Or add those lines to a file already in there. I would make a new one
> though.

Ok. We hadn't tried that, but we did do a rm on the file and do a
graceful restart of apache, and the file size remained. (the file was 0
but the allocation was still around 4GB. ) We had to restart apache to
get it to release the inode so it would sync properly.

> Good luck, hope that helps.

Thanks I'll make sure it's archived in the list if we find it works
fine.
--
Austin Gonyou
Systems Architect, CCNA