A 0 length mod_webapp.slo file appears to be expected (on Linux, at
least) I'm using the GNU dev chain. As a shot in the dark, once you've
CDd to apache-2.0, try:

${APACHE_HOME}/build/libtool --silent --mode=link \
   gcc -shared -o mod_webapp.so -rpath /usr/local/apache2/modules \
   -module -avoid-version -I../include  -L../lib -lwebapp  mod_webapp.lo

This should create a mod_webapp.so without libwebapp linked to it. In
order to get Apache to use mod_webapp and not throw errors about
missing libraries, you'll need to copy libwebapp.so to Apache's lib
directory:

cp mod_webapp.so ${APACHE_HOME}/modules/
cp ../lib/libwebapp.so ${APACHE_HOME}/lib/

This is how I orginally managed to get mod_webapp working on Linux,
and it might help you too.

Does that help at all?

Regards,

Simon

--
When C++ is your hammer, everything looks like a thumb