Curious. I take it that you're on a Linux box? Using gcc? And using
the versions of the software that are linked to from the howto? If you
are, then I'd be interested in seeing the output from steps 1-3
(creating mod_webapp.so and libwebapp.so) Can you mail them to me
privately? I don't think that the list wants to see screenfulls of
output :)

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 06:52:28AM -0400, digital synapse wrote:
> Yeah both those files are in the source tree in the /lib subdir. They are
> both greater than 0bytes. $APACHE_HOME is set in /etc/profile to
> /usr/local/apache2. I can't even start apache due to this wa_pool error....
>

> -digitalsy
>

> >From: Simon Stewart <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Subject: Re: Apache 2.0 and Tomcat 4.0.3 integration help need
> >Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:38:49 +0100
> >
> >"wa_pool" is defined in libwebapp.so (wa_main.c fwiw) If you haven't
> >deleted or cleaned the source tree, you might want to make sure that
> >this file was compiled (there should be a "wa_main.o" file in the
> >webapp/lib directory) You should also have a "libwebapp.so" file
> >that's larger than 0 bytes.
> >
> >If either of those files are missing, it looks like the step 2 or the
> >start of step 3 (which is basically doing the normal compile and then
> >preparing libwebapps.o) failed. I know that you've probably done it,
> >but is APACHE_HOME defined correctly?
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Simon
> >
> >On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 11:05:52PM -0400, digital synapse wrote:
> >> I've tried to follow the tutorial by simon at
> >> http://www.pubbitch.org/jboss.html, and it seems very detailed however
> >i've
> >> run into a snag. when i add the  LoadModule webapp_module
> >> modules/mod_webapp.so line into httpd.conf from apache2.035 (no i didn't
> >> get any errors while compiling the .so) when i try to do apachectl
> >> configtest i get the following error:
> >>
> >> Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_webapp.so into server:
> >> /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_webapp.so: undefined symbol: wa_pool
> >> Any ideas anyone?

Cheers,

Simon

--
"The other day I was playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house
and four people died." --- Steven Wright