For the <Alias> element to work in Tomcat 3.3.x, it must preceed
all <Context> elements.  This requirement has to do with how the
XML is processed and keeping this feature simple to implement.
You can find additional details here:

<http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.3-doc/tomcat-ug.html#context_addcust>

Cheers,
Larry