This is more a Windows question than a Tomcat question...

Anyway, if you have access to standard MS rpc ports then you can use
server manager/sc/perl/vbscript to start and stop services.
Of course you must install tomcat as a service.

hope it helps,
umberto

Maya Vayner wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I am trying to figure out ways to restart Tomcat 4.0 which is running on NT, and to
>ahich
> I don't have access locally. Only over the Internet.
> I've found such things as Manager application and
>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer
> which allows to run SHUTDOWN command through TCP/IP8005 port, but there is no way to
> start Tomcat, after it has been shutdown that way.
> Anybody uses Manager or found a better way to reload an application? Or just restart
>the
> whole Tomcat server?
> Any ideas?
> Thank you very much.
> Maya Vayner

Umberto Nicoletti - [EMAIL PROTECTED] | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel. 049-8239380 (assistenza)

"We'll try to make different mistakes this time." - Larry Wall