On 05/23 03:56 daniel bleich wrote:
> I am trying to find help online  on installing Tomcat on Mac OS X. I must
> have made a mistake in trying to install it originally and need to remove
> the jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3-src directory from the users dir so I can try and
> start again.

Why did you get the source? If all you need is just to run Tomcat (and build
some webapps), I believe getting the binary would be much easier; untar it,
and have a "/usr/local/tomcat/bin/catalina.sh start".

> I tried rmdir -r jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3-src but its somehow linked with  root
> and it wont give me permission, even when I log in as the administrator. Any
> help as to where I should direct this question would be must appreiciated.
> Thanks.

With "administrator", you meant "root", right? Well, maybe there were some
files that had the "r" flag removed. To remove the directory, just login to
root and cd to where the jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3-src directory resides and "rm
-rf jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3-src".

BTW, isn't Tomcat package available for OS X?

Oki