but I just have some beans acessing a an Oracle database...

the only thing NOT working is the oracle drivers (classes12.jar, which I tried placing
both in /common/lib and /lib)... and all the other classes (now in /common/lib) are
working fine.

.:| Christian J. Dechery
.:| FINEP - Depto. de Sistemas
.:| [EMAIL PROTECTED]
.:| (21) 2555-0332

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 29/05/02 16:05 >>>
Hello Christian,

By chance, are the libraries that you put in TOMCAT_HOME/lib refer to
libraries that you put in your webapp's WEB-INF/lib? If so, this just
isn't going to work. The WEB-INF/lib libraries can see libraries in
TOMCAT_HOME/lib, but not the other way around.

For instance, the developers at Log4j say that you should have
log4j.jar in each separate webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory. However,
this imposes itself upon any libraries that are using Log4j. They
will need to also be inside WEB-INF/lib as well where, if Log4j was
designed a non-static way where it could exist in TOMCAT_HOME/lib and
serve all webapps with Loggers without running into each other, then
you could have the libraries that reference log4j safely in
TOMCAT_HOME/lib.

If you didn't understand that, if all else fails, just put everything
in WEB-INF/lib except for XML and DOM libraries, which are forbidden
in the child classloader, and stuff like DBCP which both Tomcat and
your webapp need access to (TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib).

Jake

CJD> I can't seem to get my classes as global.

CJD> I want them to be acessed by all applications... so I placed it under
$CATALINA_HOME/classes and $CATALINA_HOME/lib right?

CJD> Well... when I do that, either two things happen: it doesn't find the classes and
nothing works, or it gives me a crazy error regarding ServletException and some cast
error.

--
Best regards,
Jacob mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]