You need to use a router and have it forward the requests on port :8080 to
the computer running tomcat.  Otherwise, you can use your router to put the
computer with Tomcat into the DMZ if you're not worried about security.

-----Original Message-----
From: Yu Ye Zhou [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 1:02 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: outsiders cannot brows my site in tomcat

I have three computers connected to each other as LAN.
I use DSL and a router to have all of them connected
to internet. I have tomcat install in one of the
computer as stand alone. I can see the index pages by
using name of the computer using
http://NameOfComputer:8080 within my LAN. However, if
I try to see the same page from a computer outside of
my own network, page is not found. It also says server
is not found. It seems to me more like a network
problem than problem with tomcat. I didn't intergrate
apache web server with tomcat. Do I need apache to see
the page? Can I use tomcat only? Anybody also have
idea of why outsiders cannot brows my pages?
Thanks a lot.
Yu Ye Zhou

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
For additional commands, e-mail: