If he's stuck with a dynamic IP he could look into using a Dynamic DNS
client to register his hostname.  I've had this setup before and it
works rather nicely, even for dial-up connections.

On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 14:05, Eddie Bush wrote:
> Do you have a static IP address? =)
>
> Most DSL services give you 'communal' IP addresses.  You don't have a
> 'unique' one for each of your machines - and they change every time you
> connect.  My guess is that this is most likely your problem.  To rectify it,
> check on getting your own IP address/pool through your DSL provider.
> Another thing too - if you want to be able to access your computer by name -
> you'll need a domain if you don't have one.
>
> Additionally, you will need to ensure that you have the domain set up to
> point to the correct IP Address.  Also, I'm not entirely sure how your LAN
> is configured - but if all of your machines are sharing one IP Address
> you'll need to check into configuring your router to direct all http/https
> traffic to the specific machine that has Tomcat installed on it.
>
> *looks around* Did I miss anything guys?
>
> I hope that answers your question.  If I totally misjudged your perdicament,
> please feel free to repost =)
>
> Eddie

Sean M. Alderman
ITRACK Systems Analyst
PACE/NCI - NASA Glenn Research Center
(216) 433-2795

Calling a windowed operating system "Windows" is like naming an
automobile "Wheels."